Land Stewardship and Management Immersion Field Trip – Apply by Jan. 25, 2022!
UHPSI at Yale School of the Environment partnered with Noble Research Institute in Ardmore, Oklahoma to offer Yale students participation in a 4- day field-based, land management trip. The field trip will take place during March 20-25, 2022. Noble’s Land Stewardship team is skilled in regenerative ranching, prescribed burn implementation, landowner engagement, range and wildlife management.
Students will spend 4 days in the field and activities are likely to include the following (weather permitting):
– Ranch Tours
– Prescribed burns
– Plan and implement grazing strategies and assess impact
– Learn about ranch ecosystem processes and soil health indicators
How to Apply:
To apply to participate in this field trip, please complete the google form application linked here.
Applications due by January, 25, 2022
If selected to participate in this field trip, lodging and food will be provided as well as a travel stipend (up to ~$500/).
This trip will adhere to the Yale Travel Policy.
APPLICATIONS CLOSED FOR 2021-2022, check back at end of August 2022
Research Assistant Program: A partner-driven project that matches students with western leaders in need of conservation assistance in order to develop practical solutions.
Students work in pairs to tackle interdisciplinary projects that span and intersect biophysical, social, economic, cultural, and policy topics. Students typically work 3-8 hours/week remotely and are paid ($15.15/hour) while completing projects during September/Oct-May from New Haven. Student meet regularly with UHPSI staff and remotely with western partners.
How to apply:
- View the list of paid jobs and projects available for the 2021-2022 academic year located here. We have two projects available for this year. You can submit one application and have it considered for both projects, but the same student will not work on more than 1 project during the year.
- Please submit 1 PDF document via email to Michelle.email@example.com by 11:59pm September 12, 2021. Applications will accepted on a rolling basis. In PDF, please include:
- Cover letter addressing your career aspirations (1 page maximum)
- Resume (3 page maximum)
- Answers to the following questions: Research Assistant Application Questions
Please review student expectations in order to give you an idea of commitments and what is expected of every research assistant.
More information about the program can be found at the links below:
- Learn about past research projects by viewing descriptions
- Read about past student experience through our student blog
- Visit our student FAQ about Research Assistants Positions